The Acceptable Ads Committee
The independent Acceptable Ads Committee (AAC), established in 2017, creates exceptional ad standards. This improves user experience while delivering real value to content publishers and online advertisers.
The AAC determines the criteria that define which ads are acceptable. It also governs the Acceptable Ads Standard.
The AAC is divided into three coalitions: For-profit, User Advocate, and Expert
Each coalition consists of several Groups. Groups are based upon the specific segment they represent, like the advertisers group or the digital rights organizations group. Each Group includes a Representative and multiple supporting Members.
This coalition consists of business stakeholders, including advertisers, ad-tech providers, advertising agencies, publishers, and content creators.
User Advocate Coalition
This coalition consists of stakeholders who are defenders of user choice. Digital rights organizations and ad-blocking users make up this Group.
User agents, creative agents, researchers, and academics are in this Group. They are stakeholders who are specialists in online advertising and ad blocking.
- Elizabeth Johnson, Director, Growth & Emerging Media, Ad Council
- Breanna Fowler, Strategic Partnerships & Advertising, Dell
- Thomas Wrobel, Trivago
- Karina Miñano, Advisory group member
Ad Tech Agencies
- Marty Kratky-Katz, CEO, Blockthrough
- Todd Garland, Founder, BuySellAds
- Sebastien Bock, GVP Tech & Product Programmatic & Data, Rakuten Marketing
- Jon Malach, CEO, Native Ads, Inc.
- Henry Lau, Head of Partnerships, Instinctive
- Alex Calic, Chief Revenue Officer, The Media Trust
- Henrik Lohk, Co-founder, Adtoma AB
- Kenny Lau, Head of Commercialization, Criteo
- Mat Bennett, Managing Director, OKO Digital
- Tom Gabriele, Co-Founder, WowYow Inc.
- Dan Greenberg, Founder & CEO, Sharethrough
- Eric Simon, COO, Skydeo
- Michael Blend, Co-founder and President, System1
- Matt Delgado, VP & GM of social publishing, System1
- Aidan Joyce, CEO, Oriel Ventures Limited
- Laura Beaupre, Media Supervisor, LookListen
- Kevin Vanvalkenburgh, Vice President of Connections Planning, The Tombras Group
- Tom Rathbone, Head of Technology, PartnerCentric
- Christoph Bornschein, CEO/Founder, TLGG
- Will Perkins, Director of Paid Social & Marketplaces, Visiture
Publishers & Content Creators
- Nick Flood, Managing Director, Dennis Digital
- Gavin Hall, CTO, TED
- Christian Hendricks, Founder, Local Media Consortium
- Scott Messer, VP Content Channels, Leaf Group
- Loic Dussart, COO, KOL
- Dominick Miserandino, CEO, The Inquisitr
User Advocate Coalition
Digital Rights Organizations
- Linda Sherry, Director National Priorities, Consumer Action
- Amelia Andersdotter, Chair, Dataskydd.net Sverige
- Holmes Wilson, Co-Founder/Co-director, Fight for the Future
- Zack Sinclair, Ad-blocking User
- Leli Schiestl, Ad-blocking User
- Tobias Eidem, BrandGlobe and former chairman of Sweden’s KIA-index, BrandGlobe
Researchers & Academics
- Zubair Shafiq, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, The University of Iowa, USA
- Fran Howarth, Security Analyst, Bloor Analyst Group
- Arvind Narayanan, Associate Professor, Princeton University
- Lukasz Olejnik, Privacy Engineering Researcher, Independent
- Ratko Vidakovic, CEO, AdProfs